Our passion is to make theological education available in the local church to mobilize men and women for ministry and mission.
Porterbrook is a suite of courses provided by Acts 29.
Our courses connect biblical theology to both heart change and mission. They give Christians a renewed vision for the centrality of the local church in mission and train people for evangelism and cultural engagement.
Our key aims are:
- To facilitate the extension of theological education into contexts with little or no gospel training or witness.
- To facilitate church planting by helping Christians to see church planting as something they can contribute to.
Supporting church planting and training
Money raised through the sale of Porterbrook courses goes to support:
- Production of new courses
- Setting up new learning sites and training networks in gospel priority areas around the world
- Echurch planting
Training for congregation members
Porterbrook Learning is a theological training course for taking Christians deeper and for developing leaders. It is designed to be accessible and does not require any previous training or experience; yet it remains compelling and challenging even for the theologically trained.
Porterbrook Learning provides a church-based theological training program for individuals and congregations. It consists of 24 modules organised into four streams:
Bible & Doctrine
Understanding and teaching the entire Bible
Living and leading out of a gospel-transformed heart
Establishing, growing, and leading a community on mission
Understanding your ministry context and how to engage others with the gospel
Porterbrook Learning courses can be studied individually, with a small group, or through one of our Porterbrook Learning Sites.
Acts 29 academies
Acts 29 is establishing a network of academies around the world, leveraging and using the principles learnt and tested in over a decade of delivering Porterbrook courses. The pilot academy is Crosslands, with a sister academy in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Crosslands aims to provide excellent in-context theological training and resources for churches and church leaders in the UK, Europe and 10:40 window to:
- Make and mature disciples of Jesus Christ;
- Equip Christians and Christian Leaders in partnership with local missional churches;
- Nurture a culture of multiplication and church planting; and
- Invest in the next generation of missionary theologians.
Ultimately, the team at Crosslands are passionate to see the cross of Christ reigning over these lands and our students crossing-lands for the gospel.
Whether you are an aspiring leader, motivated congregation member or just a new Christian in the UK, Europe or 10:40 window, we want to serve you with gospel training when and where you need it.