Dr Jonny Woodrow is a Faculty member of the Acts 29 Oak Hill Academy and a Pastor in the The Crowded House church planting network. He planted and co-leads The Crowded House in Loughborough, Leicestershire.
Before planting churches, Jonny lectured in psychology at Loughborough University in the UK. He has a PhD in social psychology.
Jonny is co-author of Ascension: Humanity in the presence of God (Christian focus, 2013). He is married to Ruth and they have four children.
Dr Tim Chester is a Faculty member of the Acts 29 Oak Hill Academy. Tim also co-leads The Crowded House Sheffield, UK, and speaks at conferences around the world. He was previously Research and Policy Director for Tearfund and tutor in missiology at Cliff College.
Tim is the author of a number of books including The Message of Prayer, From Creation to New Creation, Good News to the Poor, Delighting in the Trinity, The Busy Christian's Guide to Busyness, You Can Change, Captivated By a Better Vision and A Meal with Jesus. He is co-author of Total Church, Everyday Church, Gospel-Centred Church, Gospel-Centred Life, Gospel-Centred Family and The World We All Want.
He is married and has two daughters.
Visiting lecturers for Porterbrook Seminary have included:
- Timothy Paul Jones, Associate Professor of Leadership and Associate Vice President, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville
- Gregg Allison, Professor of Christian Theology, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville
- Graham Beynon, Director of TEAM and Associate Pastor, Eden Baptist Church, Cambridge
- Andrew Baughen, Vicar of St. James, Clerkenwell, London
- Jason Clarke, UCCF Director of Training
- John Coffey, Professor of Early Modern History, University of Leicester
- Ian Galloway, Leader of City Church, Newcastle
- Tom Holland, Lecturer in New Testament, Wales Evangelical School of Theology
- Marcus Honeysett, Director of Living Leadership
- Dewi Hughes, Theological Director, Tearfund
- Michael Jensen, Lecturer in Doctrine, Moore Theological College, Sydney, Australia
- Jonathan Lamb, International Director of Langham Preaching
- Robert Letham, Lecturer in Christian Doctrine, Wales Evangelical School of Theology
- Michael Reeves, Theologian-at-Large, Wales Evangelical School of Theology
- Peter Sanlon, Lecturer in Doctrine and Church History, Oak Hill College
- David Smith, former Lecturer in Urban Mission and World Christian, International Christian College, Glasgow
- Dan Strange, Lecturer in Culture, Religion and Public Theology, Oak Hill College
- Steve Timmis, Global Director of Acts 29
- Melvin Tinker, Vicar of St. John’s, Newlands, Hull